Write Roman letters and bind a great wax seal as fastening around your letter.
Roman wax seal
Get to know the life during roman times. Learn more about the organisation in ancient time. Roman letter seals once were used for certification of documents and contracts. Important certificates and decrees of heads of cities and states were secured by a seal.
In those cases the colour red only was for emperors. Only he was allowed to give other heads of state and highly ranked personalities to manage their own seal. Seals since antiquity were considered as signs of power.
- real handicraft
- fixed on a jute cord
- a red motive of a ring seal: Minerva
- because it's handicraft, not every cord is of the same length and there can be differences
- length of the cord ca. 26,5 cm
- without the cord the seal has a diameter of 2,5 cm
- universal for small and big scrolls
The roman goddess Minerva was considered as the protector of tradesmen and business. As well Minerva was honoured as the patron of poets and professors.
Discover the historic organisation and structure with an original ancient roman wax seal. You receive the red wax seal fixed on a jute cord just like the original.
Forum Traiani ® registered trademark