A mosaic for beginners: ‘Roman Wave’
Creative approach and history are combined to a little piece of artwork expressed here by this Roman mosaic, making it a suitable tool for encouraging your students to learn about this art form and try out similar things in lessons likewise.
Searching for clues in ancient Rome
Follow the footsteps of the ancient Romans and bring the glamour of their times into your class room. Roman mosaics have been a much cherished decoration art for wall and floor surfaces back then. They have not lost their fascinating looks over the centuries until today.
Create your own Roman mosaic tile at ease
Pay attention to the following hints while you creating a piece of marvelous Roman mosaic: The tile needs a primer of a color of your choice before proceeding. Best choice is the same color which you destined for the gaps. Apply the undercoat in watery solution and distribute generously.
After drying 5 to 10 minutes the tile can be painted with any watercolor or egg tempera, but those should be lesser diluted than the primer, in order to cover the fundament. If you are not satisfied with the result, you may rinse the first attempt of your Roman mosaic with water so you can try to complete another.
- Roman mosaic consisting of white alabaster plaster of Paris
- size 10 x 10 centimeters
- for quick and individual styling
- deep joints
- easy to handle
- for age 5 years up
- Known quality item of the brand Forum Traiani®
Let history become a personal experience by the Roman mosaic of own creation
Let your pupils or students get involved into a long forgotten era when Roman emperors were walking over elaborately laid out mosaics on the floor. The simple handling of this handcrafted piece of art means a special experience to most anyone.
Fun for all ages
Our Roman mosaic can be integrated into lessons at elementary school level and up. The tile consisting of white alabaster plaster of Paris being included in this product does not need to be prepared in any ways prior to the art process. Simply unpack and start working. Also a good idea for a thoughtful gift to someone who is into history and arts alike!
How to do it:
- Apply a primer on whole tile using a background color of your choice. It’s highly advisable to use the same color as will have the gaps in between the tiles. Distribute the primer coat with lots of water over the tile.
- After short drying time (5 to ten minutes) you are up to style your mosaic tiles in the way you want. Paint has to be less watery compared to the primer in order to make it disappear. So use water accordingly when mixing the solution.
- Your mosaic is completed.
You can discard your paint once you don’t like it by rinsing the tile with water while the attempt is still fresh - now you are ready for a second try.
Pupils or students can do their own design of a mosaic without need of tools such as mosaic pliers. Use these mosaics for art lessons as early as in elementary school classes with success. What you get in the package is a blank mosaic tile made of white alabaster plaster of Paris.
Forum Traiani ® registered trademark